Thought for the Week – Discipleship Comes First
“Down through the centuries, in the tradition of the Church, it is clear that all the Baptised are called to be what Pope Francis now calls “missionary disciples” (active followers of Jesus). Another way of putting this is to say that, by Baptism, we share in the priesthood of Christ by offering the gift of our own lives in service. Those who are ordained to priesthood are called to exercise that same priesthood on behalf of the whole Church, by acting in the person of Jesus and offering the sacrifice that he offered. Being a priest is not just about carrying out certain functions. Whatever we do as priests flows from our relationship with Jesus; from being “with Him”, as the Twelve were, and learning from Him.” Bishop Kevin Doran – Discipleship and Mission In Changing Times (Pastoral Letter 2020)
St. Colmcille’s, Rathcormac Mass Times:
- Saturday 7pm Vigil Mass
- Sunday 10.30am
- Mass Times this Week Monday to Friday 10am
We Remember and Pray for those who died recently and those whose Anniversaries occur at this time
- Padraig O’Grady
- Margaret Costello and Deceased Members of the Costello & Kelly Families
- May McGowan
- Joe McDonald
The Rosary will be recited every evening (Sunday to Friday) at 7pm. People are welcome to come to the church and join us in this prayer or you can follow us in your homes on our Facebook page or Website.
Holy Hour for Vocations in St Patrick’s on Sunday 4th October from 4-5pm.
RESPONSIBLE STEWARDSHIP: OFFERINGS FOR SUNDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 2020: €1629.00 Thank you for your generosity.
Church Accounts 2019
- The Church Accounts for 2019 are now on display on the Church Noticeboard for your information
Mass Attendance Arrangements for Sat 10th & Sun 11th Oct by Station Area
- Saturday 10th October 7pm Group (B) Cashelgarron, Cooladrummon, Springfield and Castlestown
- Sunday 11th October 10.30am Group (C) Kielty, Cartronmore, Barnaribbon, Gortarowey and Drumcliff
Day for Life:
- Day for Life is celebrated in Ireland this Sunday 4 October and will focus on the theme: ‘Choose Life’. It is a day dedicated to raising awareness of the meaning and value of human life at every stage and in every condition. On this twenty-fifth anniversary of St John Paul II’s letter Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), we renew the call for respect and celebration of all life. The parish is a ‘family of families’ (Amoris Laetita, 87). We ask our parishes to be places of welcome, where we can support pregnant women and celebrate the precious gift entrusted to them. We recognise that family is often ‘a challenging mosaic made up of many different realities, with all their joys, hopes and problems’ (Amoris Laetitia, 57). We want to provide support for women and men who face difficult circumstances, as well as those who have experienced abortion and seek comfort in the Lord and their community. For more on the Day for Life 2020 see www.councilforlife.ie/Day4Life/
Our Lady Star of the Sea Oratory, Mullaghmore
- Exposition of The Blessed Sacrament & The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available in Our Lady Star Of The Sea Oratory, Mullaghmore on the First Saturday of every month from 11am-1pm until further notice. Level-2 COVID-19 Restrictions are in place and those attending are asked to please respect all applicable safety measures. Should Level-3 Restrictions be introduced by the Government in the Mullaghmore area then this event will be postponed until there is a return to Level 2 or lower. All enquiries to Frank on 087 9880690.
Healing The Family Tree Retreats with Fr. Brendan Walsh & Eileen King
- Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd November and Friday 11th – Sunday 13th December. Open to those who book in for residential stay only. Numbers very limited for each weekend. Cost for full board for each weekend with retreat is €180 per person. Enquiries to Louise or Frank on 071 9176722
Healing Through the Sacraments with Eddie Stones & Frank McGuinness
- Friday 27th – Sunday 29th November. Open to those who book in for residential stay only. Numbers very limited. Cost for full board for weekend with retreat is €160 per person. Enquiries to Louise or Frank on 071 9176722
- Parish Phone Numbers – 071 9142779 Mobile 087 2457011. Efirstname.lastname@example.org